You must be aware of dark roasted cocoa beans and their significance in your daily life as espresso, latte, cappuccino or Irish coffee. However, these beans are not just meant for manufacturing your coffee. They also contain fat oil suitable for the manufacturing of various edibles and beauty products. It is more than a century-old known product comprises of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. A 100% pure, unrefined cocoa butter is a perfect option for people who are looking for cruelty-free vegan products. As per the current demand in the market, the demand for organic products is increasing. Therefore, using cocoa butter for commercial purposes is a profitable business. Here you will come to know about the complete process of manufacturing cocoa butter in detail.
The cocoa butter formation process
Theobroma oil is just another name of cocoa butter which is actually fat extracted from cocoa beans. From edibles to beauty products, it is a premium grade ingredient for the manufacturing of many products. The extraction process of butter from cocoa is very easy if you have the right ingredients and equipment at home. Here is the complete process you must follow.
- Buy raw cocoa beans from the market and clean them properly with water to remove all possible dirt.
- The next step is roasting that requires your oven because you need to maintain a mild temperature level of 100 to 135 F. Roast the beans for around 90 minutes in order to make them crispy from the inner core.
- Take them out of the oven and quickly cool down with a fan. When they become brittle, crack the shells with a small hammer to obtain the main kernel.
- Take a grinder, add cocoa alcohol and roasted beans altogether. Continuous grinding these ingredients produces heat that melts down the fat out of beans.
- Your thick paste of cocoa butter is ready to use for various purposes. If you want more purity, extract the liquid with the expeller or a screw press.
While roasting the beans, do not expose them to direct fire because their shells are inflammable. Always sort the beans of similar size if you want consistency in the flavor and aroma.
Benefits for skin
- Cocoa butter contains antioxidants that are helpful in eliminating free-radicals from your skin. If you are manufacturing anti-aging products, this is a much better option as compared to cosmetics obtained from animals. Creams containing cocoa butter are very useful in removing wrinkles, fine lines, dullness and dark spots from your face.
- Organic cocoa butter products are suitable for people having sensitive skin. Even the delicate skin suffering from eczema is also curable with the soothing properties of this butter.
- Apart from this, you can also user cocoa butter in making scar removal ointments. It works effectively on the skin having scars of acne or accidental injuries.
Benefits for hair
- It is a great nourishing agent to eliminate fizziness from your hair. Using cocoa butter keeps them smooth and straggles-free.
- Cocoa butter is a great hair conditioning agent that moisturizes your hair with adequate consistency. It is a perfect ingredient for manufacturing the products of deep conditioning.
Apart from beauty products, the best organic cocoa butter is also useful in manufacturing premium quality chocolates. You can check the ingredients of organic chocolate that contains cocoa butter. It is a much better option than other fats because of the antioxidants, vitamin E and Vitamin K. The butter processing is very easy and you can use it even in the products meant for sensitive skin.
in the market, the demand for organic products is increasing. Therefore, using cocoa butter for commercial purposes is a profitable business. Here you will come to know about the complete process of manufacturing cocoa butter in detail.